Vilistextum is a html to text / ascii converter specifically programmed to get the best out of incorrect html.
- small and fast
- understands HTML 3.2 upto 4.01 and XHTML 1.0
- creates footnotes for links
- can swallow multiple empty lines
- removes empty ALT attributes
- converts characters and entities between 128 and 159 from the windows1252 charset to meaningful
- strings in ISO-8859-1. E.g. 0x93 is converted to ".
- output can be optimized for ebook reading
- GUI-frontend using kaptain
- supports various multibyte encodings (e.g. Unicode, Shift_JIS)