This tool moves topics from one phpBB2 forum to another based on date. It is most often used to move topics out of "active" forums and into an "archive" forum that is locked. This prevents users from posting to old topics yet keeps them around for users to find information from if they need it.
Instructions for Installation/Use: - You must have a shell account on the phpBB2 server in order to run this utility. Many webhosts don't have this ability, so doublecheck on this first.
- Log into the server.
- Create a new file in your text editor of choice. I prefer Nano myself.
- Cut and paste the entire script below into this file.
- Go to the top of the file and, under the User Configuration Section, edit the variables so they relate to your install of phpBB2.
- Save the file as a good name and exit your editor.
- Type: perl -c filename to ensure that your installation of Perl has everything you need.
- Type: chmod 755 filename to give the script permissions to be executed.
- Go to your phpBB2 forum
- Find the original forum you wish to move topics out of.
- Click on the forum so you're viewing it.
- Look at the URL bar of your browser. You'll see a section of the long address that has "?f=XX" where XX is a number.
- Write this number down. This is the ID number for this forum.
- Go to the "archive" forum -- the forum that you want to move posts into. Find its ID as well and write it down.
- Go back to your shell on the server. Type: ./filename OID AID XX units where OID is the original forum ID, AID is the archive forum ID, XX is the number of units you want to specify, and 'units' is the type of units to use. For example, to move all posts older than 3 months from forum 2 to forum 34, I'd type: ./filename 2 34 3 months
- You should see the script execute and tell you what it moved and didn't move. If not, something's not quite right.
- I'm fond of setting up a crontab to run the script automatically each night. If you want to do this, look up how to make a crontab entry and give it a shot.
Xanga Archiver 0.14
Xanga Archiver Open Source - A open source PHP project under GNU GPL, which allows user to backup or export their xanga site without purchasing Xanga ...
Xmail Log Archiver 0.3RC3
Xmail Log Archiver is exactly what it sounds like - a log archival system for XMail mail servers. XMail is a popular multi-platform mail server. The t...
Yahoo Group Archiver
Yahoo Group Archiver is a collection of scripts to interact with Yahoo Groups and download various sections of each group to your local workspace.Scri...
Php Site Manager
This application is a Simple PHP Site Management System. This software uses for Template Engine "Smarty Template", for db connection MySql4 class...
The module also allows for hiding of archived nodes from other pages, so that they are displayed only in the archive listing. The taxonomy terms and n...
This application maintains a list of placemarks which can be exported from Google Earth as KML (a XML-defined format). The stored placemarks can then ...
It is based on a C compiler that was originally adapted for the Atari 8bit computers, a Small C descendant.The compiler is only one of the tools avail...
123flash Chat For Phpbb2 6.8.0
123 Flash Chat Server Software is a high-performance chat solution of Java server and highly functional flash client. It's a fast, reliable, easy and ...
Upload Janitor 0.2
It will delete images and files in the uploads folder, to which no pages link to.Before any action is taken, Upload Janitor will automatically make a ...
Easy Site Install 0.75
The script helps with the installation process of well known CMSs.It supports Mambo, Joomla, PhpNuke, PhpBB, SMF, Oscommerce, Moodle, Atutor and WordP...
Lurker is a mailing list archiver designed for capacity, speed, simplicity, and configurability in that order. It is capable of handling gigabytes of ...
Phpbb Digests 2.2.7
It can send daily or weekly updates, for both phpBB2 and phpBB3. Requirements:· phpBB 2 or higher What's New in This Release: · S_FORM_TOKEN...
7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio.Features: - High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression - Supported formats: ...
TinX/cms is a modern Open Source content management system based on pure open-source applications. It was built in PHP4 using MySQL4 as the database s...
Bioloide (also known as Bot Lane) can perform checks and meta data optimizations for improving site SEO. Comes packed with plenty of useful webm...
Nightly Backup Site Archiver
If you make money online then you know your website is your lifeline. Keep your password databases, billing databases, or even your entire website saf...
Gambas an be used to design a program GUI's with QT or GTK+.Allows easy access to MySQL, Firebird, PostgreSQL, ODBC and SQLite databases, pilot KDE ap...
photolibrary is a PHP/MySQL based photo archiver. It stores and indexes photos using EXIF metadata and a fully flexible hierarchical categorisation sy...
Archmbox is a simple email archiver written in perl; it parses one or more mailboxes, selects some or all messages and then performs specific actions ...
Self Growing Websites
is a very powerful script that is installed on your server along with your website. The main idea of it is to update (grow) your websites with fresh o...