JXHTMLEDIT is a free Open Source browser-based HTML/XHTML content authoring tool based on the Java 2 Platform that allows WYSIWYG editing on multiple platforms (require the Sun JavaTM Plug-in 1.4 or higher installed on client).
JXHTMLEdit is a cross-platform WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) HTML/XHTML content authoring tool, a very small Java Applet based on the Java 2 Platform. JXHTMLEdit provides word processor-like user interface that allows users to edit the XHTML document directly in the final form (as will be rendered). This empower non-technical users to become content contributors without any knowledge of HTML or XHTML.
Features:- applet jar is less than 150 KB, loads quickly
- WYSIWYG and source code editing (the source editor pane may be disabled)
- partial support for stylesheet CSS1
- support custom tags
- customizable charset encoding, support international character sets and html entities (require appropriate OS/browsers)
- output HTML or well-formed XHTML to your choice
- support XHTML indentation (to increase readability) or compact mode (to reduce code size)
- could be launched as a popup window or used as a textarea
- support copy, cut-n-paste, undo, redo, search and select-all
- buttons and combo boxes are configured using external XML file (java/config/buttons.xml)
- support custom buttons and custom selection boxes to add custom tags or execute predefined actions
- strings could be localized using external TMX file (java/config/tmx.xml)
- all x/HTML tags and relative attributes are defined using external XML files (java/config/tags.xml, attributes.xml, categories.xml, status.xml)
- support help tooltips (popup descriptions that appear when mouse pointer is over the button