xcForum is a messaging application.
xcForum allows you to add a forum to your existing site and have it seamlessly integrate with the common user membership database (XUD) shared by the other members of the XCENT web server application suite. It is a powerful way to bring a user community together on your site.
This is particularly useful for sites focused on a niche with a strong user community, or else as an open bulletin board system that you can use to provide technical support services from your support personnel or user to user support forums. User Features:
- Fully searchable messaging database
- Fully threaded messaging
- Shows users new messages since last visit
- Unlimited number of message icons (smileys)
- View number of messages and threads
- No knowledge of programming necessary
- 100% seamless web site integration using a plain HTML template that you can design yourself. Example template included that you can modify.
- Easily change fonts and colors using settings and CSS
- Any number of forum groups
- Any number of forums per group
- Easy to use interface allows you to maintain the forum from anyplace using just a browser
- 100% ASP VBscript means you have the source code and can make your own modifications if you wish
- Built to be able to be used on shared web servers with most ISP's and web hosts. No DLL's or executables!
- Fully integrates with the XUD User Management System. XUD is a common user database and system that allows all of the XCENT web server applications to work together seamlessly with a single login and user management features for the entire suite of XCENT web server applications.
· Microsoft IIS 4.0 or later Web Server: Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Server, Windows NT 4.0 with Option Pack 1: (Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) is the default web server for Microsoft Windows servers. Some versions of Windows Server may n
· Database: Microsoft JET database file (MDB) or Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 or later (Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) and the related Active Data Objects (ADO) libraries and drivers may need to be updated to the most recent version. Version 2.5 or lat