It produces highly detailed, easily configurable usage reports in HTML format, for viewing with a standard web browser's activity and usage.
Here are some key features of "Webalizer":
· Is written in C to be extremely fast and highly portable. On a 200Mhz pentium machine, over 10,000 records can be processed in one second, with a 40 Megabyte file taking roughly 15 seconds (over 150,000 records).
· Supports standard Common Logfile Format server logs. In addition, several variations of the Combined Logfile Format are supported, allowing statistics to be generated for referring sites and browser types as well. Now also has native support for wu-ftpd xferlog FTP and squid log formats as well.
· Generated reports can be configured from the command line, or by use of one or more configuration files.
· Supports multiple languages. Currently, Catalan, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Ukrainian are available.
· Unlimited log file sizes and partial logs are supported, allowing logs to be rotated as often as needed, and eliminating the need to keep huge monthly files on the system.
· Distributed under the GNU General Public License, complete source code is available, as well as binary distributions for some of the more popular platforms.
· GD graphics library 1.7.3 or later;
· PNG library