Templates must be cached, and cached templates must be refreshed based on a file system modification, otherwise development may get tricky.
For enhanced performance, templates must be rendered to the Output stream, and not generate a monstrous string that gets dumped to the Response. Here are some key features of "StringTemplate ViewEngine MVC":
· Lightweight. No page classes are created.
· Fast. Templates are written to the Response Output stream.
· Cached. Templates are cached, but utilize a FileSystemWatcher to detect file changes.
· Dynamic. Templates can be generated on the fly in code.
· Flexible. Templates can be nested to any level.
· In line with MVC principles. Promotes separation of UI and Business Logic. All data is created ahead of time, and passed down to the template.