The Java language lacks fast string searching algorithms.
StringSearch provides implementations of the Boyer-Moore and the Shift-Or (bit-parallel) algorithms.
Algorithms like these are five to ten times faster than any native implementation found in java.lang.String.
Here are some key features of "StringSearch":
This library contains implementations of the following pattern matching algorithms:
· General purpose algorithms
· Boyer, Moore, Horspool
· Boyer, Moore, Horspool, Raita
· Boyer, Moore, Sunday
· Shift-Or (Shift-And)
· Searching with wildcards (“don’t-care-symbols”)
· BNDM Wildcards
· Shift-Or Wildcards
· Searching with character classes
· Shift-Or Classes
· Searching with mismatches
· Shift-Or Mismatches