The .3ds extension is commonly used by Autodesk 3ds Max.
The library can therefore be used to create applications that utilize 3ds MAx-outputted files.
Here are some key features of "lib3ds":
· Evaluation of all animation (keyframing) data
· Simple easy to manipulate data structures
· Supports little and big endian CPUs
· Written in portable ANSI-C
· Matrix mathematics module
· Integrates seamless with OpenGL
Loads and saves:
· Atmosphere settings
· Background settings
· Shadow map settings
· Viewport setting