It simpler terms, Geobaza converts an IP address into a geographical coordinate.
Geobaza is distributed as a database binary file, database in CSV format, and with open-source APIs for different programming languages.
Demos and use cases for PHP 4, C and Perl are included with the download package.
The Geobaza Python API can be downlaoded from here.
The Geobaza PHP API can be downlaoded from here.
The Geobaza .NET API can be downlaoded from here.
Here are some key features of "Geobaza":
· Includes over 2.4 million records (IP addresses ranges), constantly updated and growing
· Database files are in standard binary format
· Monthly updates
· Open-source API in C/С++, Python, Perl, PHP, .NET
· Geographical names in different languages: English, Russian, and others
· Details about the place
· Names of places in English, Russian, and language of a country where the current IP address is registered
· Object type (country, region, city, etc)
· Population size
· Official language
· High speed of processing—about 10000 requests per second
· Autonomy and security—the module is stored on your site and does not call the external sources while working