It enables ASP.NET Web developers to replace the Textarea in your existing content management system with a powerful, but easy to use WYSIWYG HTML editing component.
It empowers business users to make content updates easily and safely themselves while maintaining control over site design and content, all at an affordable price.
The component can be used for CMSs, blogs, comment areas, desktop software and more.
Here are some key features of "Cute Editor for ASP.NET":
· A cross-browser, cross-platform WYSIWYG Web based html editor. Compatible with the most important browsers available in the market: IE 5.5 , Firefox 1.0 , Mozilla 1.3 , Netscape 7 , Safari (1.3 ) and IE 7.0 and Firefox 2.0. This includes Macintosh and Linux.
· Compliant with the web standards, no deprecated tags such as FONT anymore. Does your online html editor still use deprecated tags such as FONT ? Cute Editor will help you build sites that adhere to the latest HTML standards, generates clean HTML/XHTML code with no deprecated tags.
· Insert clean HTML from Microsoft Word. When text is pasted from Microsoft Word a lot of unnecessary word specific markup is carried across. This can result in web pages that take an unnecessarily long time to download. The Paste from Word button solves this by removing word markup before pasting the text into your web page.
· Support accessibility according to W3C WAI and section 508 accessibility guidelines. Cute Editor optional accessibility settings ensure your site complies with Section 508, so people with disabilities can have full access to your content.
· Output HTML or well-formed XHTML to your choice. Cute Editor supports output well-formed XHTML. Your choice of XHTML 1.0 or HTML 4.01 output.
· Clean, lightweight and extremely fast loading. Numerous optimization methods has been applied. It's clean, compact, extremely fast-loading, but still powerful and efficient.
· Unlimited levels of the undo/redo feature. Many of the other editors on the market cannot undo or redo certain actions, and certain table operations - such as cell merge or column deletion. Cute Editor has a new custom undo/redo implementation to make you can now safely undo those actions.
· Multi-culture support, Easy localization through XML. All labels, buttons, tooltips and messages are located in external XML files, so that the language of the editor can be switched with a single property. You can also create a new language in a matter of minutes.
· Support complete web page editing. Cute Editor allows you to edit a full HTML page, including title, !DOCTYPE... and some other options. You can also insert Form elements (checkbox, button, textarea, etc.) and modify certain properties of the element.
· Support HTML code indentation and Tags appear in lower case. Cute Editor displays nicely indented code in the HTML mode and the generating HTML tags and Attributes are in lower case. This is very convenient and important for the advanced users.
· Full-Screen editing support. It does not open a new window, instead it will resize to fit the browser screen. Edit in full screen mode, maximizing your available space.
· Relative and Absolute URLs support. With Cute Editor, you have the choice of using either a relative or absolute URL.
· Easy Implementation for Developers. The perfect addition to your content management system! Only a couple lines of code , you don't need to be an expert. Allows you to add an online HTML editing functionality that works with standard HTML form.
· Easy to use API to hide buttons and tabs. Cute Editor allows developers to set the image directory, set the controls width, disable image uploading and deleting, restrict access to the source/preview tabs, hide buttons and lists that you don't want your clients to see or access.
· Wrap text around images. Locate the image you want to wrap text around, and click any justify button in the toolbar. The image will float to the desired direction. Text will be positioned around the image.