Aurigma Media Processor is a component which can load files of various media formats and process them in various ways.
For images and video files, it can do the following: create thumbnails, rotate, crop, draw text and more, then save the result as JPEG or BMP.
Media Processor can grab the necessary frame of a video file, retrieve information about the video and audio files (such as artist name, title, duration, bitrate and more).
It uses a smart algorithm which determines if a selected frame is empty (for example the first few frames of movies/clips are black) and always retrieves the frame which contains a meaningful image!
You can easily enhance its capabilities by installing the QuickTime library (available at Apple site) which allows you to generate thumbnails from QuickTime (MOV) movies, Macromedia Flash (SWF) movies and Adobe Photoshop files (PSD) (and many more).
- Loading images from multiple formats (PGM, PNG, TGA, TIFF, JPEG/JFIF, PCX, Windows and OS/2 BMP, Mac PICT, Kodak FlashPix Image, Adobe Photoshop, DIB, SGI, 3DMF, QTIF, TIFF previews in EPS files).
- Retrieving dimensions of images for all these image formats.
- On-the-fly output to ASP stream.
- Resizing with bilinear algorithm.
- Drawing the text with given opaque and angle.
- Saving results to JPEG and BMP files.
- Loading frames from different video formats (AVI, ASF, MPEG, MOV, FLC, MPV, Macromedia Flash).
- Retrieving info, such as dimensions and bit rate, from file.
- Auto selecting first non-black frame.
- Processing with loaded frame as image.
- Retrieving info from audio files, such as dimensions, duration, title, artist, album, genre and bit rate.
- Various audio format support (such as MP3, WAV and so on - depends on DirectShow version installed on your computer).